Hotels, restaurants, retailers, business and entertainers are encouraged to get involved in the 2nd Annual Newport Holiday Stroll on December 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 2017!
To participate you agree to offer the following:
- Store hours: At least 10 am – 6 pm on December 1, 2, 8 & 9. At least 10 am – 4 pm on December 3 & 10.
- Decorate your store with white lights, we want to LIGHT UP Newport this holiday season. Lights should be up by December 1st.
- Complimentary gift wrapping (or tell people where they can get it done)
- In-store specials (this can be anything you choose including, but not limited to gift with purchase, sales, discounts, refreshments, etc).
- Use #NewportStroll in all social media posts
Participation and Sponsorship Levels
2017 Participation Levels Coming Soon!
E-mail Ryan@whatsupnewp.com to be among the first to be notified once they are confirmed!
The 2017 Newport Holiday Stroll is being organized by a group of business owners who are volunteering their time, energy, resources and money. Please consider supporting our effort by participating at the highest level you can for your business.
All proceeds will go to supporting and promoting the event. What’sUpNewp has donated the advertising space and organization of this event to support merchants during the holiday season.
- Your business listed on the website as a participating venue.
- Included as a participating venue and your store’s holiday promotion will be included on the website.
- You’ll be included in Newport Holiday Stroll reciprocal specials (free ice skating, discounted restaurants).
- We’ll be sharing the best of your social media posts on Newport Holiday Stroll accounts (remember to tag us, use #whatsupnewp).
- All of the above plus a full month of advertising (December) on WhatsUpNewp including a special holiday e-blast ad to nearly 11,000 subscribe
- A take over of social media account for a day (share a video, pics or what your store is offering). We can also come and do this for you at your business (if you’re not web savvy).
- All of the above plus your store listed on a direct mailer that will be sent to at least 15,500 residents and 1,600 businesses in the Newport area promoting the event and why to shop local. Our goal is to have this in mailboxes between November 18 – 22. Deadline to sign up for this – November 1st.
- Two full months (November & December) of advertising (or a credit to use when you want) on What’sUpNewp and What’sUpRhodeIsland.
To sign up now, CLICK HERE
Other Ways To Get Involved
Think HOLIDAY and share what you’re doing during these two weekends and share your creative ideas with us, we’re looking to make it FEEL like a winter wonderland.
Some ideas on how you can get involved – host, sponsor or organize…
- Holiday Lights
- Sip & Shops
- Gift Wrapping
- Host Santa or Elves
- Host Face Painting
- Christmas Music
- Sip & Shops
- Scavenger Hunts
- Arts & Crafts For Kids
- Paint Nights
- Breakfast with Santa
- Ornament Making
- Craft & Vendor Fair
- Trunk Shows
- Christmas Cookie Decorating
- Soup, chowder, chili, cookie, holiday cocktails – competitions and contests
- Create holiday greeting cards
- Holiday photos
- and any idea you can dream of….